Wednesday, August 6, 2008

[reminiscing, remembering, & rattle shoes]

Today I was at a funeral, and like it was really amazing. The person that passed away was the founding pastor's wife of my church. The part that really was amazing is the fact that her life touched so many people at my church. The part that made me almost cry though was the part where the pastor came up to the podium and gave the prayer for everyone to leave, and he was like "thank you for making her beautiful, thank you for giving her to me for 60 years...and then he just broke down and started crying."

Dang, I started really thinking about life after this service.

If you didn't realize this, we have no idea when we're going to die, honestly. For all I know, as I'm typing this, a sniper could be aiming for my head and I could die within the next 10 seconds. Or someone could ram into my car tomorrow as I'm headed to the NSO meeting [go by the way, 1:30pm @ ASB room]

But honestly, we should live every day as if it's a gift.

Okay that was pretty deep. Shallow noninformative part follows on the bottom.

I really want to upgrade my iPhone software to 2.0 through iTunes, but I can't because it's hacked. D: I'm still stuck with 1.1.4 and I really want to upgrade it. There's a pretty cool feature on iPhone 2.0 called "Remote" that basically lets you control your entire iTunes library just by using your phone. So basically, if you don't want to get out of bed but you want to put on a song on your computer speakers, grab your iPhone, tap any song, let's say "The Red" by Chevelle and then it'll play on your computer speakers instantly. If that's not nifty and useful, I don't know what is.

The Remote feature works on both the iPhone and the iPod Touch. Unfortunately, for those of you using the iPod Touch, it costs $20. For us iPhone users, it's free. (:

But then us iPhone users get screwed over with the horrible external speakers and recessed headphone jack [meaning you can only use the white Apple headphones].

Anyways, tell me which of my posts that you've liked the best so far. I want to make my blog more fun an interesting to read rather than a "skim the first paragraph, ignore the rest."

5 comments:

Michele ^-^ said...

Whoaa I just made a sota similar post (to the first part)O.o

lol 'shallow noninformative parts on the bottom' niccee XD

Maann too lazy to get out of bed to change songs...I swear...the human race will all die of obesity someday. -____-

haha you're posts are pretty interesting. (:
I always read all of them all the way through. No skimming. ^-^

ali- said...

i read the first paragraph of this one and skipped the rest. (:
but i READ it. not skimmed. (:

i like the first half of this post.
and that one about that person breaking your guitar.

yeah. (:

ali- said...

WHOAWHOAWHOA i just looked at your title.

rattle shoes?

did you just totally run out of 'r' ideas that you HAD to put that in? -__-

not that i don't like it.

Michele ^-^ said...

You haven't posted in over a week. D:

Michele ^-^ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.